–TRYP São Paulo Higienópolis Hotel
When the management team of São Paulo’s TRYP Higienópolis Hotel decided to upgrade the hotel’s outdated air conditioning system, Hitachi Cooling & Heating’s latest generation, SET FREE Σ system delivered on every requirement.
- Full satisfaction of key stakeholders
- Quieter air conditioning and more comfortable guestrooms
- Improvement in guest satisfaction reviews
- 100% reduction in customer complaints
- Fast and efficient installation process
- Significant reduction in maintenance costs
Issues to be addressed
The TRYP Higienópolis Hotel was originally designed as an office building.
The air conditioning system, which consisted of one indoor water-cooled air conditioning unit per room and an outdoor water tower, struggled to meet the demands of a hotel and over time, this had become a crucial service issue.
Noise disturbance was at an unacceptable level due to location of the compressor units in the guestroom plenum.
Obstruction of the condenser resulted in frequent system stoppage.
Chemical and dirt build-up due to inefficient water cleaning had caused deterioration of the condenser.
Guests frequently complained and last minute room changes disrupted hotel operations. Negative reviews posted online potentially affected the business.
Key stakeholder requirements
- Hotel Management — Deliver a greatly improved guest experience and avoid disruption of hotel operations and guests during the installation process.
- Hotel Chief of Maintenance — Ensure a trouble-free installation process and start-up phase. Provide complete reliability and easy maintenance.
- Project Management Team — Ensure that the installation process followed the critical path with smooth installation and commissioning of the new system.
The SET FREE Σ VRF system addressed all of these stakeholder requirements.
- Superior Reliability — High tolerance key components and rotational operation of outdoor units guarantees an uninterrupted guestroom controlled temperature, even in the unlikely event of individual unit failure.
- Smooth Installation Process — A transitional installation plan allowed for retrofitting of three floors at a time. This ensured that the hotel could operate normally with minimal disruption for guests.
- Quiet Operation — RPI-series ducted indoor units deliver quiet comfor at approximately 31 dB(A), dramatically reducing the unacceptable sound levels of the previous system.
- Ease of Maintenance — SET FREE Σ systems are easily maintained with easy access to key components and simplified refrigerant recovery.
Higienópolis, São Paulo — Brazil
Date of installation
From November 2017 to March 2018
Air conditioning system changeover
SET FREE Σ — Heat Pump type Total 300 HP • 4 units (48 HP) • 2 units (54 HP)
252 guestrooms 268 indoor units • 236 single zone guestrooms with one indoor unit • 16 family rooms with two units Ducted-type — High External Static Pressure